Sunday, April 27, 2008

I tunes



Sara



This lecture was given by Mr. Mohammad Minyani he is the one who introduced Apple (Macintosh) into the companies around Saudi Arabia.


He spoke about mobile learning and itunes which is an application that works directly with MP3 players. People can download audio and video based upon a variety of interest (music, news, educational lectures, movies, etc.) from this store.


Specifically, iTunes is beneficial to mobile learning, because it is facilitating the ability to distribute information to mobile devices from anywhere in the world. He gave an example of one person he knows that learned the English language from the iPod based upon getting lessons from iTunes.


Maybe I can ask my parents for an upgrade to my iPod if I say that I can get something educational out it!


Moreover, he talked about the broadcast (podcast) where downloading is used in a very practical way. You can learn about almost any subject on the go and search about what you want to learn though iTunes U. Then download it from iTunes to the iPod. There are a number of broadcasts in both English and Arabic. iTunes U is a new style of education that I might really be able to get into.


No comments: